EYELID LIFT (BLEPHAROPLASTY)
The eyes are one of the first facial features to show signs of aging, and often have the most dramatic impact on how old you look. Drooping eyelids or puffy bags below the eyes can make you look persistently tired or older than you feel. The eyelid lift, or blepharoplasty, eliminates excess skin from the eyelids, removes small pockets of fat that contribute to the ‘puffy’ appearance, and lifts and tightens the remaining skin. While blepharoplasty is a relatively simple, straightforward procedure, it can have a remarkable effect on puffy, drooping, aging eyes, producing impressive results for both men and women.
About the procedure
The eyelid lift procedure is performed using either a local or general anesthetic, or IV sedation. Because of the precision of the surgical techniques, incision lines are hidden along the natural creases of the eyelid. For lower eyelid surgery, the incision line can often be placed inside the eyelid, leaving no visible scarring.
The Healing Process
- Post-operative pain is minimal. Swelling and bruising may be conspicuous, but will only last for one or two weeks.
- You may resume exercise after two weeks.
- The healing process is gradual, and thus you should expect to wait several weeks to get an accurate picture of the results of the procedure.
- After only a few weeks, any evidence of surgery will be barely noticeable, and the incisions will fade over several months’ time.
- Sutures will be removed on the fourth and seventh days after the procedure.
- Following the surgery, you will have steri strips (small paper tape) on your incisions and the sides of your eyes. Please keep them in place until your following appointment.
- Incisions should be cleaned with water and a cotton swab.
- Baneocin should be applied to the incisions twice daily before suture removal.
- If you are experiencing dry eyes, you may use an eye lubricant during this period.
- For the first 30 hours post-surgery, ice should be applied to the eyes at all times.
- While sleeping, your head should be rested on three or four pillows for the first five days post-surgery.
Other Face Specialities
NOSE SURGERY (RHINOPLASTY)
EAR SURGERY (OTOPLASTY)
Book an appointment today
Or call +962 6 5923220